- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 jar of your favourite spaghetti sauce
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Yellow onion
- 500 ml container cottage cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- Italian seasoning
- Mozzarella cheese or Italian blend if buying pre-shredded at store
- Parmesan cheese
- Box of oven ready lasagna noodles
- 9 x13 inch pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Brown 2 lbs thawed ground beef with a chopped yellow onion - cook together until hamburger is brown
Add 1 can of diced tomatoes
Add 1 jar of your favourite spaghetti sauce ( add a touch of water to clean jar out and the extra moisture will help your noodles cook thoroughly when it's all added together)
Sprinkle with little bit of cayenne pepper, Italian seasonings and freshly grated garlic or garlic powder
Run noodles under water to lightly wet them
Layer bottom of pan with noodles
Cover noodles with meat
Cover meat with a thin layer of cottage cheese
Cover cottage cheese with another layer of slightly water soaked noodles
Layer meat sauce and cottage cheese again
Top with one more layer of noodles and top with grated cheese
Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
Cover with tinfoil shiny side down (not too tightly though as you don’t want your foil right on your cheese )
Cook for approximately 75 minutes or freeze to take out and cook for another day.
LOW CARB LETTUCE WRAPS
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Bag of bean sprouts
- 2 pieces of large kale leaves
- 10-12 fresh mushrooms
- 2-3 stalks of celery
- 3-4 green onions
Lettuce of your choice - Our favourite is living butter lettuce but you can use romaine or iceberg lettuce as well.
Hoisin sauce or you can make your own sauce by combining soya sauce, brown sugar or sugar substitute, a bit of grated ginger and grated garlic (or garlic powder)
Thaw lean ground beef in refrigerator the day before cooking
Begin to brown meat on medium heat.
Chop all vegetables into small pieces
Add celery, mushrooms, kale, green onions and bean sprouts as meat is starting to cook
When meat is browned and fully cooked and vegetables are fully cooked, you can add sauce to your taste. We use about a quarter cup right into our sauce pan mixture.
Wash and prepare your lettuce into individual lettuce boats and then spoon meat mixture right into them.
* We like to add a dash of hoisin sauce on top of meat in the wrap and they are ready to ENJOY!!!!!
* Some people enjoy adding peanuts or sesame seeds to their wraps as well!
FAMILY FAVOUITE CHILI
- 1 or 2 lbs Shoderee Prime regular or lean ground beef
- One medium to large onion
- Can of sliced mushrooms
- Large can of diced tomatoes (add a can of rotel tomatoes and green chilies for a little zip)
- Can of whole kernel corn
- Can of Six Bean Medley or chick peas (our family is not big on kidney beans!)
- 6-10 oz (75 - 125 grams) cream cheese or Velveeta cheese (takes this from regular old chili to delicious and worth the not so healthy splurge!)
- Optional (1/4 cup of finely chopped spinach or kale (sneak it in for the kids - mine don't even notice it and it makes you feel better about the cream chsse!)
- 1/3 cup (35 grams) Taco seasoning
- Chili Powder
Brown ground beef and onion together
Season liberally with Chili Powder and 35 grams Taco seasoning
Add spinach or kale
Drain canned mushrooms, tomatoes, corn and beans and add to beef mixture
Add in cream cheese or Velveeta and let simmer until it is fully melted. Stir it until it is completely distributed.
Ready to serve!
* We love to top this Chili with grated Jalapeno Havarti cheese ... but any cheese you like will work.